2010 聯合勸募

2007/06/06

exam reference


人 + 現在be動詞 + used to + V-ing (現在的習慣)
Because Jane has lived abroad many years, she is used to speaking in foreign language.

人 + used to + 原形V (過去的習慣)
Tom used to being one of the promising assistant professors at U.C. Berkeley.

物 + 現在be動詞 + used to + 原形V (物被用來...)

look forward to + V-ing (期待)

object to + V-ing (反對)
If there are a lot of interesting people and good food, I won't object to coming to your party.

  see      原形V (V-ing)
人 + notice + 受詞 + p.p. (被動)
  hear
  feel
When I mentioned her name, I noticed him smiling.

  make
S + have + 受詞 + 原形V (主動)
Mrs. Jones always makes Jane do her homework before she watches TV.

  make
S + have + 受詞 + p.p. (被動)
  get

     for + 內容
be famous as + 身分
Mark Twain is famous for his novels about life on the Mississippi
in the nineteenth century.
Mr. Lee is internationally well-known as a Nobel prizer.

95司法四
#4 I don't sleep well last night because the cats' screaming outside
  my window was getting on my nerves.
#5 In the distance are two buildings, one of which looks very majestic.
#9 Paul: Hey, listen to this
    The average American family watches six hours of TV a day.
  Jim: Six hours a day? You're kidding.

#11~#15
Although many countries around the world have banned whale hunting, these gentle sea mammals are still at risk. Whales are still being hunted, and more than 10,000 have been killed since 1986. Some are hunted for "scientific" purposes; others are killed by "pirates." Because whales have very low rates of reproduction, marine biologists believe that some of these species may never recover from the damage that whale hunting has caused. In addition to hunting, there are many other threats to whales. The fishermen are a major source of harm. When whales get trapped in the nets, they cannot surface to breathe, so they drown. Water pollution is another threat, and unnatural noises can interfere with a whale's ability to navigate.

95普
#1 On a hot summer day, a glass of iced water can quench your thirsty immediately.

94勞保業務
#5 Mary refused to talk to John because she felt a strong antagonism toward him.
#7 Unless there is a drastic improvement in efficiency, we'll go out of business.
#8 The child's earliest words deal with concrete objects and actions.
  It is much later that he is able to grapple with abstractions.
#14 My mother and father were far too busy to occupy themselves with my affairs,
  so the greater part of my upbringing was left to my sister.
#16 If you try to be what you are not, you probably won't get away with it.
#20 My brother can't drive us to the airport because he has too small a car to take us all.

91市府基層四
#11 In nearly every country in the world, books are imported free of duty.
#12 They won't believe me even if I swear it is true.
#13 The thousand people have been given treatment at the clinic
  since it was opened three years ago.
#15 Provided I get proper accommodation, I'm willing to stay as long as I'm needed.
#20 John: The pears look very delicious. Can we get some?
  Mary: It depends. How much is it?


來源: (88shining say, 是不錯的參考書)

保成文化出版
http://www.eyebook.com.tw/

2007 英文1AB02
http://www.eyebook.com.tw/html/00Common/1AB02.htm

2007/06/04

to use idioms

Make hay while the sun shines.
勿失良機.

This power plant supplies us with electric power.
發電廠供應我們電力.
The firm provides its worker with their uniforms.
公司供應工人們制服.
The company laid off half its workers.
這公司暫時解僱了半數的工人.
I was sorry to hear he was out of employment.
我很難過知道他失業了.

The boy likes to show off when he has girlfriend.
當他有女朋友時,男孩喜歡炫耀.
He saw his girlfriend off at the airport.
機場為女朋友送行.
This car ran out of gas three miles from town.
車子在離城三里路上用完了汽油.
I went there in person.
他親自去那裡.
I get up early at times.
我有時會起.
He loves pets by nature.
他天生就愛寵物.

She was carried away by the sight of national flag.
她看到國旗就深受感動.
Who will run for President next year?
誰明年將競選總統?
The nation's troubles result from the government's stupidity.
國家的麻煩起因於政府的愚昧.
Disobeying the law can lead to trouble.
不遵守法律會導致麻煩.
He is guilty of murder.
他犯了殺人罪.
The police claimed that the criminal committed suicide.
警方宣稱罪犯自殺了.
The traffic in Taipei is at sixes and sevens.
台北的交通亂七八糟.

She looks young, but in reality she is past fifty.
她看起來年輕,不過事實上她已過五十了.
Her morality is beyond question.
她的道德是不需懷疑.
She was the queen in name.
她是名義上的皇后.
My daughter is in her teens(twenties)(thirties).
我女兒十(二十)(三十)幾歲了.
She takes after her mother.
長得像她母親.
The quarrel resulted in his mother leaving the house.
吵架導致她媽媽離家.
She is partial to her youngest son.
她偏袒她的小兒子.
My father-in-law is always finding fault with everything I did.
我的岳父對於我所做的任何事總是挑毛病.
He takes offense at household work.
為家事而生氣.
She felt little affection toward Jim.
她對吉姆不這麼愛護.
I took sides with Tom when he quarreled with Jack.
當他跟傑克爭論時,我幫湯姆說話.

Why wasn't I informed of her arrival?
她的來到我為何沒被通知?
She comes of a good family.
她出身於好家庭.
I wonder how he came by such a beautiful wife.
我懷疑他如何獲得如此地嬌妻.
She turned down his marriage proposal.
她拒絕他的求婚.
She fainted, and it was half an hour before she came to.
她昏倒了,半小時後才甦醒過來.
I am to blame for my impoliteness.
我該為我的無禮而受責備.
Come and see me at your convenience.
方便時就來看我.
I'm thankful to know that she was recovered.
知道她已康復我心中充滿感激.
I'm grateful to you for your help.
對你的幫助我很感激.
I got married at the age of 28.
我28歲時結婚.

That tune reminds me of the production of the same play
that we did many year ago.
這個音樂使我想起多年前同一齣戲的產生.
This place is worthy of visiting.
這地方值得一遊.
The Smiths dropped in on some old friends on their vacation trip to New York.
史密斯一家人在紐約旅行期間順道拜訪一些老友.
She was quite worn out after her long journey.
長途旅行完後,他已筋疲力竭.
I was surprised at seeing him there.
我驚訝在那看到他.
This town is noted for its pottery.
這城鎮以陶器著名.
He wrote the manuscript for a reference book day in and day out.
他日夜不斷地寫參考書的底稿.
His dramas won him grand prizes year in and year out.
他的戲使他每年都贏得大獎.

We must make up for lost time.
我們必須彌補損失的時間.
He talked his father into buying a new car.
他說服他父親買了一輛車.
He puts the house up for sale.
他要出賣房子.
They are putting up several new houses on this street.
這條街正興建幾座新房屋.
I'm going to draw(deposit) some money to pay my bills.
我要去提(存)款來付我的帳單.
We have a prejudice against English-speaking people.
他對說英語的人特別有偏見.
Nowadays it's hard to find a man who can hold his tongue.
現在很難找到能保持緘默的人.
You have to mind your p's and q's.
你要小心行事.
I ate my words while I noticed she got angry.
當我發現她生氣時,我收回我的話.

I can remember it by heart.
我可用心記起來.
This is nothing in comparison with that.
與那相比這算不了什麼.
I went to England for the purpose of studying law.
我去英國的目的在攻讀法律.
The work is at my mercy.
這工作是在我的掌握中.
These books are at your disposal.
這些書由你自由支配.
He is well versed in Chinese.
他精通中文.
The man had his lawyers draw up his will.
那人請律師為他起草遺囑.
Billy hated being dressed up to go to church.
比利不喜歡盛裝上教堂.
The Christians say grace before eating.
基督徒在吃飯前會禱告.
My watch always keeps good(bad) time.
我的錶通常是很(不)準的.

I have taken to painting in oils.
我喜歡油畫.
He hinted at my extravagance.
他暗示我的奢侈.
I heard of your activity from time to time.
那時我喜歡聽到你的活動.
He was distinguished for his work in science.
他以在科學工作上表現著名.
I'm on no account a scholar.
我決不是一個學者.
On second thought(s), he decided to stay on the job.
重新考慮之後,他決定不辭掉他的工作.
As regards the date, we have to talk later.
關於日期,我們必須隨後討論.
Thanks to your help, I was able to finish it sooner.
幸虧你幫忙,使我能早點做完.
Ten to one she will succeed.
他十之八九會成功.

He always likes to care for drinking in the bar.
他總喜歡在酒吧喝兩杯.
Talking of Chinese food, have you tried "chow mein”?
說到中國菜,你嚐過炒麵嗎?
The meal cost 500 dollars, inclusive of wines.
包括酒在內,這一餐共計500元.

These bears feed on the leaves of this special tree.
這些熊以這特別樹葉為生.
He is so hungry that he can eat a horse up.
他餓得可吃光一隻馬.
Do you take(mistake) me for a fool?
你把我認為是傻瓜嗎?
My drawbacks in character are in common with his.
我個性上的缺點他的相似.

Tom reads books at random.
湯姆隨便有什麼書就看什麼書.
Keep a diary is a good habit.
寫日記是一種好習慣.
When does your book come out?
你的書何時出版?
Life is often compared to a voyage.
人生常被比喻為海.
The book winds up with a happy ending.
那本書以快樂結局.
You have to clean up the debt you owe.
你必須結清所欠的債.
Mr. Smith carries on a hardware business.
史密斯先生經營五金行店.

But for water, we could not live.
如果沒有水,我們就無法生存.
After raining for the whole day, it cleans up at last.
下了一整天的雨,天終於放晴了.
As soon as the teacher arrives he will clear up this problem.
老師一來就把問題解釋清楚.
I don't like the noise, but I suppose we must put up with it.
我討厭吵雜的聲音,但我看我們只好忍受了.
I've got something to talk over with you.
我有一點事情想和你商量.
Everything turned out all right.
結果一切順利.
We have used up all the money.
我們已發完所有的錢.
We got paid by the hour.
我們的工資是以小時計的.

Do you have a room of your own?
你有沒有自己的房間?
The house is to my name.
這房子為我所有.
It's hard to understand in the beginning.
剛開始,是很難瞭解的.
We arrived the peak of the mountain in the end.
我們最後抵達山的頂峰.
At the end of the game, our team won.
我們的隊最後贏了.
Our break will be finished at the beginning of May.
我們的假期在五月初結束.


來源: (88shining say, 是不錯的參考書)

保成文化出版
http://www.eyebook.com.tw/
2007 英文1AB02
http://www.eyebook.com.tw/html/00Common/1AB02.htm